These are a great way to get in all those egg whites and oats. I make a batch of these for 4 or 5 days and they keep really well in the fridge.
If you are paying attention to your macro intake, your portions will need to be measured. I have 5 egg whites and 30g of oats per serving so I multiply that for the amount of portions I am making for the week. This recipe would make 1 portion for me. One egg white is approx. 30ml.
You will need:
150ml egg whites
30g rolled oats
1 teaspoon of psyllium husk
Spray n cook
*Optional: One scoop of USN Lean-8 Cinnamon Bun whey protein – mixed in the batter or kept separate for sauce.
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until the oats have been sufficiently broken down and the mixture appears thick and creamy.
2. Heat a non stick pan on high heat – the hotter the pan the less sticky the mixture.
3. Pour small amounts of batter into the pan. Once you see bubbles forming flip the pancake over and cook for no more than 10 seconds.
4. Keep spraying the pan if you find the mixture starts to stick.
5. In a separate dish mix a small amount of water into the protein powder until it forms a thick sauce. Drizzle over your hot pancakes and enjoy!
* The psyllium husk is a great source of fibre and thickens the batter up nicely. This gives the pancakes a more authentic texture. You will need to work a bit quicker as it will continue to thicken the batter. You will probably find the mixture will yield more pancakes without it but I really do prefer it. Feel free to skip it if you choose 🙂